Friday, March 29, 2013

"Fix My Team" H2H Version



Hi Brett,

We are a 12 team H2H daily league (R, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SB – W, L, K’s, SV, ERA, WHIP). We have 6 keepers per team so a lot of the top talents were already off the board.

Here is how my lineup plays out currently:

C – Salvador Perez

1b – Paul Konerko

2b – Brandon Phillips

SS – Asdrubal Cabrera

3b – Adrian Beltre

OF – Jose Bautista

OF – Carlos Gonzalez

OF – Bryce Harper

Util – Chris Davis

BN – Todd Frazier

BN – Matt Carpenter (was expecting 2b eligibility right away but once Freese is back he will get it shortly)

BN – Jed Lowrie

BN – Leonys Martin

BN – Manny Machado

SP – David Price

SP – Adam Wainwright

SP – Yovani Gallardo

SP – Jordan Zimmermann

SP – Ian Kennedy

SP – Dan Haren

SP – Marco Estrada

RP – Sergio Romo

RP – Bobby Parnell

I see saves and speed as my weaknesses but feel I should still be fairly competitive each week in those categories. I am interested in your thoughts as I am being hounded with trade offers from other owners for several of my SP, none of which have been worthwhile in my opinion, and would like a 2nd set of eyes to see what/who I should target if I were to make move.

 
Thanks for the question Josh,
First thing I would do is get one of the “closer by committee” members in Detroit. Benoit, Alburquerque, Coke, and Dotel in that order.  . With some of the recent injuries at 3B to open the season, try and move Frazier or Machado for a Closer or some speed like SS Escobar in KC. It would be nice to slide in some speed to your Utility spot on off days or coming into the weekend if you are comfortably ahead in other hitting categories. Not sure why you have some many bats on your bench. I would prefer fewer players and more players with position flexibility. Look for Keppinger on Waivers. He is only player to have 1B, 2B, 3B eligibility. He is someone who will not hurt you in any category and owning him is like owning 3 players in H2H leagues. Maybe even Doumit with both C and OF eligibility.  Then try and get someone who can get Vulture Saves like Fujikawa for the Cubs, Boggs in St.Louis or Matt Thornton for the White Sox. Your SP is definitely your strength, ERA,Ks, and Wins. You have no need to stream every week and if you did decide to move a SP I would go with Haren. Overall good team and should do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment