Saturday, December 10, 2011

Slow Mock Draft Continues



Still participating in Fantasy Game Day’s slow mock draft . As of this morning we are snaking back up through the 14th round. My team to date isn’t shaping up as I would have hoped. I have missed out on most of my targeted 1B/CI as the draft progressed. Missed on Goldschmidt along with Pena's BB. At this time I will most likely have to put Berkman at 1B and find someone for CI. Looks like a Derek Lee, Mike Carp or Casey McGehee type. If I get word that Mat Gamel gets the job at 1B in Milwaukee (once Fielder signs) I may take a flier on him. I did lock up 3 above average Closers and hope to dominate that category. To date my SPs are Gallardo and Garza, both are capable of a 200K season. I am looking at Luebke and Dempster to round out my staff.
As I approach my next selection (1 pick away) I am looking at snagging Luebke or Coco Crisp for solid R and SBs, figuring he bats lead-off again. With 13 pick gone here is what my team looks like. I am definitely punting on SS, having Jason Bartlet in mind for my last pick.
VICTOR MARTINEZ
C
LANCE BERKMAN
1B
DUSTIN PERDROIA
2B
MARK REYNOLDS
3B
SS
DAN UGGLA
MI
CI
JACOBY ELLSBURY
OF
ALEJANDRO DE AZA
OF
CARLOS LEE
OF
OF
OF
UT
YOVANI GALLARDO
SP
MATT GARZA
SP
SP
MARIANO RIVERA
RP
SERGIO SANTOS
RP
JOE NATHAN
RP
RP
P
P
P

Some surprises I have seen so far in this draft are players who have been taken who might start in the minors out of spring training or who have serious injuries to rehab. Mike Trout and Ryan Howard. Darvish and Cespedes have been drafted to date too. Let me know what you think of my team so far. Remember it is a 16 team league with standard 5X5 with both Walks and Holds included. What categories am I weak  and where do I need to focus on going forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment