Saturday, May 5, 2012

No Vaction For Cain in Arizona


By Corey R. Cunningham

Lorenzo Cain, the starting CF for the Kansas City Royals to start the 2012 season, has been sent to Arizona for rehab. Cain has been on the DL since April 12th, 2012 with a strained left groin. Cain has been downgraded in condition, and now is being diagnosed with a torn hip flexor, and he is expected to miss another 4-8 weeks of baseball. That being said, Cain will miss 8-12 weeks of baseball, due to rehab assignments and the possibility of reinjuring himself.



Lorenzo had promising spring training and had a hot bat going into the start of the season. His bat cooled off almost instantly and carried only a .133 BA in 15 AB. I was dragged into the excitement of his playing ability during spring training, and I was picking him up in every league before the start of the season. Now he holds a DL slot in my league, and I am contemplating on just dropping him, as his injury has a major concern for me, and I doubt he is worth holding onto just in case another player goes on the DL.

No comments:

Post a Comment