Saturday, January 14, 2012

FBV Adds New Writer

I would like to introduce a new addition to FBV. Corey Robert Cunningham is a avid baseball fan and has a great insight to the entire minor league system. He has scouted/observed players from low A Rookie ball to the Triple A affiliates. I feel Corey will bring a needed insight about all minor league players and help with all Dynasty League questions about either securing low level talent with high upside to just scouting the unknown. Welcome aboard Corey. Below is a bio on Corey in his own words.



I Corey Robert Cunningham was born on June 9th, 1986 and raised in Hagerstown, MD. I graduated from Williamsport High School in 2004. You may know a great young man by the name of Nicholas James Adenhart (RIP). I was a very close child hood friend of Nicks; we graduated together in 04'. Just days after high school graduation, I attended USAF boot camp in Lackland, AFB. I was stationed in Martinsburg, WV for 6 years. During those 6 years, I was deployed to Hurricane Katrina, New Mexico to help supervise and work Joint Task Force with the Army for Immigration. For 6 months I was stationed in Chicopee Wisconsin AFB, interesting note, this AFB is the alternate landing site of the NASA space shuttle. I was in Security Forces for my entire 6 years of my Air Force career. My term was up, and I began to raise my son, who is currently the age of 2. I have been placed in many difficult positions before, and I have overcome each obstacle thrown my way. I give my grandfather credit for this; he has taught me the 'ins', and 'outs' of life and how to prepare myself. During my Air Force career, I received an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science. I currently work in the law enforcement related field, where I have been working for the past 4+ years.

Again, born and raised in Hagerstown, MD is a medium size town, which continues to grow. We are just an hour away from the Nation’s Capital, and Baltimore. I visit Camden yards about 6 times a year, to see nearly any team play the game of baseball that I dearly love so much. I live 20 yards away from the Hagerstown Suns Municipal Stadium where Bryce Harper started out, and I live 20 miles away from the Frederick Keys (High A Baltimore) stadium. I visit each stadium about 30 times a year, to see the up and coming stars of today's greatest game. I have traveled to Boston, to see the great Fenway Park, Progressive Field in Cleveland, as well as the AAA and High A affiliate clubs of the Indians. Just recently last year, my friend and I took a trip to Tennessee to visit the Smokies (AA Cubs), Ashville (Colorado Affiliate). I met great prospects Trey McNutt, Josh Vitters, Rafael Dolis, also visiting was Winston Salem, where I met Brandon Short. In Ashville, I met Gary Sanchez, Tyler Matzek, and Peter Tago. On our way back north, we managed to stop at Salem, VA for the Sox game. Great prospects of Anthony Ranaudo, Bryce Brentz, Kolbrin Vitek, and Drake Britton. Each and every one of the above mentioned players also was greatly enough to sign cards for myself as well.

I am an avid Fantasy Baseball manager and viewer. I enjoy seeing other managers’ deal, and see what value each player earns, and what players are giving the advantage of being the 'over-rated' mark. I eat; sleep, and breath baseball and my friends and family will tell you the same thing. This is my passion, and I enjoy reading, writing, and expressing my opinions on each and every option given. My stronger points to baseball are giving trade value advice, prospects both at the low end grade and the stars that are MLB bound. I enjoy giving thoughts on players to avoid, in the who is 'hot' and who is 'not' category. Thank you for this opportunity to let me continue to grow with baseball and with your website. I hope to bring my best efforts into this as everything else in life.

Corey Robert Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment